Apprentice Company Program
The GET Apprentice Company Program, where students are affectionately referred to as “Apprenterns”, enables young, emerging artists to have diverse experiences in one of Atlanta’s longest running professional theatres. They leave confident and fully equipped with professional training, support, and thorough understanding of the inner workings of a successful professional theatre company.
Leitalift and Stage Management Apprentices work 10-20 hours in a typical week (unless working on a production), for nine months. Acting Apprentices can expect to work at least 40 hours a week. All of our Apprentices and Interns are paid.
The education, training, and hands-on experience our apprentices take part in is not only invaluable and informative, but will make you more marketable to other professional theatre companies.
Our goal is to help hone and improve the skills you already have, as well as help you develop and discover skills that will benefit you in every aspect of our industry.
To apply, please send your headshot, letter of intent and resume to Laurel Crowe or Michael Vine:
P.O Box 607
Experiences include (but are not limited to):
- Assistant Director
- Production Assistant
- Teaching Assistant
- Administrative Assignments
- Box Office Training and Experience
- Subscription Renewal Campaign Experience
- Fundraising Experience
- Understudy Experience
- Working alongside leadership in the organization (Artistic Director, Managing Director, Education Director, Production Manager)
- Three Adult Classes taught by professional Atlanta Theatre Artists throughout the year.
- Audition opportunities for Theatre for Young Audiences programming and appropriate main stage productions
- Participation in staged readings
Our Eric R. Johnson Leitalift Intern
Our Current Acting Apprentice Company