Legacy Giving with GET
You Can Make A Difference
As a Legacy Donor you can provide a lasting statement of generosity and belief in the power of live theatre to enhance the lives of our community for generations to come.
Top 6 things you can do to create a legacy that lives on with GET:
1. Create or update your Will to leave a financial gift to Georgia Ensemble Theatre.
2. Decide whether to leave a specific dollar amount or a percentage of your assets to GET.
3. Consider assets such as stocks, bonds, IRAs, 401(k)s.
4. Name GET as beneficiary of your IRA or pension plan.
5. Name GET as beneficiary of your existing life insurance policy.
6. Honor a loved one through your legacy gift to GET.
Your gift costs you nothing now and you retain full control of your assets during your lifetime.
You can modify or repeal your gift if your circumstances change.
Your gift may result in tax savings and help reduce the tax burden for your heirs.
You can leave a gift in honor or memory of someone special.
Your gift means you will be remembered as someone whose legacy includes keeping the arts alive.
And if you choose, your gift can remain anonymous.
“Feels great to know I’ll be leaving behind a better world for my children and grandchildren.” – M. Burns
How It Works
1. You designate a particular asset or a percentage of your estate to GET by including a bequest provision in your will or revocable trust. You can do this while creating your will or trust, or you can amend an existing one with a simple document. GET can be either a primary or a contingent beneficiary.
2. Inform GET of your commitment by contacting our Business Manager Tim Whitson here: email@example.com or by calling him at 770-641-1260.
3. GET will assist in guiding you to an advisor who can help finish the process if you don’t have one.
There are several types of bequests with different ways to control how your estate is distributed. Contact us for more information.
When naming Georgia Ensemble Theatre in your estate plan, we should be named as:
Georgia Ensemble Theatre, a 501 (c) 3 organization. Tax identification number 58-2002934
We thank you for keeping Georgia Ensemble in mind when thinking about your estate. With your help we can continue to connect artists and audiences of all ages for decades into the future.